Administers all employee benefits including health, retirement, dental, vision, LTD, LTC, workers' compensation, FMLA, ADA, etc. and provides general human resources support. This position is Exempt and a Grade 5.
- Administers various employee benefits programs, such as group health, dental, vision, life, FMLA, long-term-disability, etc.
- Investigates new benefit options and seeks to improve existing benefit plans. Examines possible plan design changes and associated costs.
- Assists in the management of the benefit renewal process. Negotiates renewal of all insurance plans.
- Serves as primary contact for all plan vendors and third party administrators.
- Assists employees with issues regarding benefits, researching as necessary and responding to inquiries and complaints in a timely, courteous manner.
- Design communication tools to enhance employee understanding of benefit options, including changes in plan offerings.
- Design and distribute materials for benefit orientation, open enrollment, and related situations.
- Create and conduct presentations using audiovisual tools such as PowerPoint and other software.
- Supervises enrollment, application and claims records for benefit plans. Maintains related records.
- Coordinates ADA activities, assessing requests and evaluating work sites for possible modifications as well as workers’ compensation and safety related activities.
- Conducts new employee benefit enrollments, providing counseling as appropriate.
- Coordinates annual benefit open enrollment activities.
- Coordinates annual employee benefits fair.
- Ensure compliance with related applicable government regulations.
- Ensures compliance with COBRA guidelines by sending notices, receiving and recording payments.
- Operates as a member of the HR team, providing support in any area of HR, as needed.
- Provide training and support to HR team to allow them to be well informed and able to provide benefit assistance as needed.
- Documents and maintains administrative procedures for assigned benefit processes.
- Reviews billing statements for accuracy.
- Coordinates benefit related audit activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have strong knowledge of general human resources practices. Knowledge of HRIS applications is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Interacts with all College employees.
- Interacts with job candidates.
- Primary contact for plan vendors and third party administrators.
- Member of the HR team.
Education & Experience:
- CEBS or PHR certification preferred.
- Excellent understanding of benefit law and ability to stay current with revisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resources or closely related field and two years related experience. OR Six years of related experience.
Working conditions & physical demands:
- General office setting with moderate noise level.
To Apply, complete the online application. Upload a cover letter and resume.