Job Details - Graduate Program Manager and Admissions Counselor for Nutrition
Graduate Program Manager and Admissions Counselor for Nutrition
Jul 29, 2013
Serves as the sole admissions counselor for the post-baccalaureate nutrition program. This position is part-time, 3/4 position (30 hours per week) 12 month, staff, Exempt, and a Grade 4.
- Serve as the sole admissions counselor for all post-baccalaureate nutrition program inquiries.
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies to meet enrollment goals.
- Develop and execute recruitment strategies including planning and coordinating off-campus visitations, campus visits and information sessions. Recruit qualified students into the post-baccalaureate nutrition programs.
- Track all initial data and continuing communications on prospective applicants within campus student recruitment software.
- Review prospective students’ transcripts for all programs (DI, DPD, MS) and assist with navigating the program paths that best meet their goals.
- Monitor and update content for graduate website.
- Attend professional meeting and organization functions to recruit new students, promote programs, and/or to generate employer interest.
- Communication with state and national dietetics programs, dietetic organizations to promote program and foster student professional development.
- Monitor competitors’ programs and provide inquiry data and analysis to assess needs of the program.
- Recommend marketing strategies to the Program Director and Dean. Prepare marketing materials, brochures, ads, etc. in consultation with Program Director & Dean and in collaboration with Office of Marketing and Communication.
- Build relationships with all administrative offices (Financial Aid, Accounting, Registrar, Graduate Admissions Coordinator, etc.) to ensure new student enrollment.
- Assist Program Director with Orientation Sessions.
- Maintain internal academic files for all nutrition graduate students and serve as a resource for current students.
- Manage and reconcile graduate nutrition budget for recruitment, office supplies, and student activity fees. Work with Program Director and Dean to ascertain uses for student activity fees.
- Advise Nutrition Graduate Student Association.
- Conduct degree audits, file withdrawal and leave of absence requests, communicate graduation procedures, and assist with student handbook and catalog updates.
- Perform other miscellaneous tasks within the graduate office as identified by the Nutrition Graduate Program Director and/or Dean.
B.S. degree with prior education in nutrition/dietetics, RD preferred. Ability to initiate process improvements. Evidence of initiative, maturity and professionalism. Attention to detail. Excellent organizational ability, time management and interpersonal skills. Outgoing, gregarious and comfortable in group settings; also high-quality oral and written communication skills. Strong computer skills-must include familiarity with social media and extensive experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Access. Familiarity with admissions and student recruitment technology preferred.
Review of applications will begin May 22nd and continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants must complete the online application. Submit your letter of interest, vita, copies of transcripts, and list of references to the online application. Official transcripts for all degrees required if hired.